Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. 1 in 4 people die of heart disease per year. Heart disease can be prevented by making healthy choices, managing health conditions, and living heart healthy lives.
American Heart Month can make a difference by raising awareness about heart disease and encourage people to live healthy lifestyles.
- We can encourage families to make small changes, like using spices instead of salt.
- Motivate teachers and families to encourage physical activity as part of the school day and into their lives. Maintain a healthy weight.
- Along with eating right and being active, getting enough sleep, managing stress, connecting socially, creating balance, vitality and well-being through self-care.
We as educators, employers, health care professionals can raise awareness and help people manage their lives.
Latest posts by Jamie Shapiro (see all)
- Vegetable Recalls May Be the Best Reason of All to Get Your Parents Gardening - April 16, 2019
- Should I Help My Aging Relative To Quit Smoking? - April 10, 2019
- How Hot Cocoa May Help with MS Fatigue - April 2, 2019